How To Start and Manage a Non-Profit
- What is a nonprofit corporation?
- What is the difference between non-profit and other social enterprises?
- How do you start a nonprofit organization?
- How do you get 501.c.3 status?
- What tasks are involved in organizing and leading your nonprofit?
- How to find funding and write a grant
- Do I have what it takes to start and lead a nonprofit?
Come prepared to discuss your nonprofit Mission Statement, your successes, and your challenges. This seminar will be limited to 30 participants.
About the presenter: Robert Girling, PhD is professor emeritus at Sonoma State University. He has served as the Chapter President of California Faculty Association and is the co-founder of the non-profits Cooperative Camps for Children, Sustainable North Bay and PGP Brazil . In addition he has been a board member and volunteer for several other non-profits.
Local businesses and organizations are encouraged to submit their events to the Chamber’s community calendar. Please adhere to the following guidelines for all event submissions: